Thursday, July 19, 2007

Any English speakers out there?


As Abby and I finished a fine afternoon at the Happiest Place On Earth, our tram to Mickey and Friends Parking Structure was coming to a complete stop when we heard the wonderful words "Please exit to the driver's left-hand side, thank you", we did as we were told, climbing off the tram to make our way to the parking structure. When all of a sudden we heard the employee scream "SIR PLEASE EXIT TO THE DRIVER'S LEFT-HAND SIDE! SIR! SIR! GET BACK IN THE TRAM BEFORE YOU GET HIT BY THE NEXT TRAM! SIR! as I clamly walked toward the parking structure waiting for gasps and screams to erupt from the crowd, I finally looked back and observed that the confused gentlemen had finally got the message. WOW! that was close!

Later that night at the local Circle-K, as I was filling my wife's car up with gasoline (Note: awesome husband). When I went inside to pay up, a massive commotion was taking place between non-english speaking gasoline buyer and non-english speaker Circle-K employee. (Both of different ethnic backgrounds - What can I say, I live in a very diverse community). It was quite the scene trying to figure out where the employee put the buyer's $50 and on which pump. The 12 people in line waiting for the dust to clear didn't find it too funny. I was laughing.

i was just wondering...in your hurry up to get to Amerika, could you please learn how to communicate a lil better?

No comments: